What are the benefits of worm castings?
Here’s a quick benefit list of worm castings.
- Adds organic material to your soil which provides nitrogen and carbon for plants
- Adds over 60 micro-nutrients and trace elements to your soil and plants
- Removes harmful toxins, harmful bacteria and fungi from the soil via the humus. It will essentially ward off plant diseases.
- Fixes heavy metals in the soil so that plants do not absorb too much at one time
- Repels white flies, aphids, spider mites and other pests that feed on plant juices. There is an enzyme in worm castings that these insects do not like
- Makes soil more absorbent which helps with water management
- Adds a myriad of beneficial microbes and bacteria (10K+) to the soil
Worm castings are quite possibly the most effective fertilizer that is 100% organic and safe. You can never over fertilize or harm plants with worm castings. Plants will grow faster, produce more, look greener and remain healthy when fertilized with worm castings. It’s most likely cheaper than synthetic fertilizer too. A little worm castings goes a very long way. It’s very concentrated. Just add a cup in your box garden or 2 cups around your trees and shrubs. Now you’re done for 3-6 months.