Potassium and Plants
Potassium is a essential nutrient for plants to grow. It is second only to nitrogen. Potassium affects things like color, plant size and shape, taste and other physical attributes.
Here is a list of what plants use potassium for.
- regulate CO2
- produce of ATP
- regulate water
- improve drought resistance
- protein and starch synthesis
- enzyme activation
Plants deficient in potassium will exhibit these signs.
- scorched leaves with yellowing at edges
- slow or stunted growth
- poor resistance to temperature changes
- poor resistance to drought