So where can you get free coffee grounds?
- Local coffee shops – stop in and ask them what they do with the used coffee grounds. Ask if they wouldn’t mind putting them in a bag and saving them for you. Most will gladly help you if you’re super nice.
- Gas Stations – most gas stations have a convenience store that sells coffee. Stop in ask if they would save the coffee grounds and filters for you. Then buy something from the store. It’s good Karma
- Diners and restaurants – especially those that are open early or late at night (Denny’s). They probably serve a lot of coffee. Just ask politely.
- Office – if you work in an office and they have coffee for employees, then you have a good source for used coffee grounds.
- Starbucks – Starbucks has a program for gardeners but not at all locations but anyway they bag the used coffee grounds and give them away free.